In 2009, La Misión began working in the rural villages of Puerto Barrios, Guatemala. These villages are below the poverty level and did not have access to medical, dental, or optical care. Through providing care in these areas, La Misión has made relationships with the people of these communities.
– To promote fundamental development within the different communities in Guatemala by training, guiding, and empowering each individual so that they can fulfill God’s purpose for their life and community.
Reaching the Goal:
– The La Mision Scholarship Program started in the village of Sarita in January 2018. We hope to expand the program to other villages in the future. Sponsoring a student is a $45 a month donation or $540 a year.
The scholarship program will provides:
- The assisted hiring of three new teachers, one of whom will provide a Christian/Biblical based education.
- New shoes for each student twice a year.
- Each child will receive Incaparina, a nutritional supplement that contains essential vitamins and nutrients, each day at school.
For further information on the scholarship program click here
Expand the Scholarship Program into all 11 villages
The villages will be self-sustainable with improvements in health, education, and most importantly, knowing the Gospel and knowing their own personal savior, Jesus Christ.
God is amazing in His timing, and we know He will provide with abundance for this project if it is in His will and glory.